Windows Utilities for Power-Users
File-Ex 98 (v.2)
Awards & Honors
Makes Windows' file dialogs what they should be!
(Click here for Windows 95/98 version information)
Take a pictorial tour of File-Ex!
File-Ex 2.11 feature summary:
File-Ex automatically adds handy file management functions to the File Open and File Save
dialogs of nearly all Windows applications.
It's like upgrading all of your applications at once!
- You'll have easy-to-use buttons added right to your application's dialog, making these functions available with just one click:
- Delete file or directory -- how many times have you started to open a file, and noticed some junk files that you don't need anymore?
- Copy file -- make a copy before starting to work on a new file.
- Move file -- move a file to another directory, even on another drive.
- Rename file or directory -- useful for making a backup before saving.
- Make Directory -- makes organizing new files easy, right when you're saving!
- Find files -- powerful search utility lets you search for the file you want to open.
- *NEW* Drive and File Type drop-down lists are lengthened to minimize the need to scroll.
- An information bar shows you the selected file's size, date, time, and attributes.
- File-Ex enlarges your file dialogs to whatever size you like, up to full screen, allowing you to see many more files at once and avoid needless scrolling.
- Save time looking for files: access "favorite" and "recently used" files and directories right from your file open and save dialogs, or use the Find function.
- As a side benefit, you can automatically start from the last directory used in each application, even when the application doesn't remember on its own.
By having these functions available right in the Open/Save dialog, there's no
need to switch back and forth between your application and the File Manager or DOS just
to do simple file management.
"I like the program more and more since I've been using it. Absolutely great - don't know how I lived without it!"
-- G. Hjelte, Willmar, MN
Have you taken the pictorial tour yet?
Requirements, revisions, and other technical details
Read what our customers say!
Download File-Ex now! (under 400K)
Order File-Ex right now with your credit card!
Click here for other ordering information